Saturday, January 5, 2013

5/365: The 1990s Do Not Own a Thing

Today, the awesome Schmutzie, clearly exasperated with someone's  butchering of the English grammar and punctuation, shared a link to the rules on using apostrophes. I took a look because ... grammar is the crack of my middle age? And what do you know: it turns out there is one rule I have never been familiar with and (the horror!) have been breaking all my English-speaking (er, writing) life.

So much for priding myself on my exceptional command of the language.

Behold rule # 11:




Really, did you know that it's the 1990s, not the 1990's, because they DO NOT POSSESS ANYTHING?

Huh.

1 comment:

  1. Hi thеre! This blog post couldn't be written any better! Looking at this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept preaching about this. I will send this information to him. Fairly certain he's goіng to have
    a very good read. Thanκ you fοr ѕhагing!
    Here is my web blog : intv.co.th

    ReplyDelete